WHAT IS ETF?
Much like stocks. An ETF holds assets such as stocks, commodities, or bonds and generally operates with an arbitrage mechanism designed to keep it trading close to its net asset value, although deviations can occasionally occur.
An exchange-traded fund (ETF) is a type of security that involves a collection of securities—such as stocks—that often tracks an underlying index, although they can invest in any number of industry sectors or use various strategies. ETFs are in many ways similar to mutual funds; however, they are listed on exchanges and ETF shares trade throughout the day just like ordinary stock.
TECHNICAL CHART OF FMETF IN THE PHILIPPINES STOCK EXCHANGE
How do YOU buy an ETF in the Philippines
At present, only one ETF is available in the Philippines. This is the First Metro Philippine Equity Exchange Traded Fund (FMETF), offered and managed by First Metro Asset Management, Inc. (FAMI). Buying and selling FMETF is the same as buying and selling any regular stock in the Philippines.
Finwaze actually encourages our Stock Traders to invest in FMETF; FMETF GOAL: Its goal is to simply match the return of the stock index. The stock index is composed of the blue chip or Philippine top 30 companies, which are collectively called the Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi). FMETF achieves this by buying only these companies. Not only that, it also tries to match the proportion of each company to the index as closely as possible.
- If you are not active in the Stock Market; FMETF could be a great way to buy and follow the PSEi Top 30 Companies performance
- Interesting they give stock as dividends
- When the market went down FMETF went to all time low – to its I.P.O Price and many grabbed the price
- Today is back to 80 & now heading for 100
- FMETF is to buy & keep for long term investment and it is a great way of saving money systematically for long term growth and for your long term goals and desires
- We believe many more ETF will be launch after this Convid-19 Lockdown
OUR NEXT CLASS for Stock Market (online); is on 18th & 19th April 2020; call 09199104104 for reservation