ECB’s Weidmann: Mkt Expectations For Rate Hike In Mid-2019 Not ‘Completely Unrealistic’
BREAKING ECB’s Weidmann: 2020 Inflation Seen ‘More Or Less’ In Line With ECB Target – Believes ECB Normalization Should Start Soon BREAKING
Dow set to climb 300 points as trade war fears cool – The Dow was on track to climb more than 300 points, or 1.3%, Monday after its worst week in two years. The Wall Street Journal reported late Sunday that the United States and China started quietly negotiating to expand US companies’ access to Chinese markets. The Journal reported that Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin was weighing a trip to Beijing to pursue the negotiations. Read More @ http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/26/investing/stock-market-dow-jones-china/index.html?section=money_markets&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fmoney_markets+%28CNNMoney%3A+Markets%29
WHAT IS THE USD INDEX SAYING?
The worst for the USD is yet to come;$88.50 is the next target. Trade war is only going to make the USD weaker as the demand for USD will be lesser and lesser and demand for CNY will more and more. Trump wants a cheaper USD for now to fight the battle of Deficits.
TUESDAY NEWS THAT MIGHT AFFECT YOUR TECHNICAL TRADES.
- 4.30am – FOMC members will talk and we are expecting the subject of inflation will be back on the table. Be cautious as Wednesday will be GDP data release and we are expecting a surprise for the USD. We are cautious on the USD as it breaks the $89 this morning.
- 8.45am – RBA Kent will speak and we are expecting a dovish statement from him – More downside is expected for AUD.
- 1.00pm – BOJ will release the CPI data and is expected to be good. We maintain BUY for JPY.
- 2.00pm – German data – Import Prices will be release and we are expecting a good data. We maintain BUY for EURO.
- 3.00pm – Spanish CPI will be released and is expected to be good.
- 4.30pm – expect some volatility for GBP Pairs – It’s a detailed record of the BOE Financial Policy Committee’s most recent meeting, providing in-depth insights into the financial conditions, powers for direction on capital requirements, and decisions towards financial stability; Bank of England (BOE), Financial Policy Committee (FPC), Monetary Policy Committee (MPC). We stay neutral and trade only after the news.
- 10.00pm – CB consumer confidence and Richmond Manufacturing Index data will be released – we are expecting data to be no change or weak – we maintain SELL for USD.
Overall the market shy away from the USD as CHINA dominates the Trade War. EURO likewise prepared to retaliate. USD will continue to be under pressure.
High Risk Investment Warning:
Please note that Forex and other leveraged trading involves significant risk of loss, It is not suitable for all traders and you should make sure you understand the risks involved, it is recommended that you seek an independent advice, if necessary