Trump said to complain Powell hasn’t been cheap-money Fed chair: BBG
BREAKING Trump said to have lamented Fed hikes at Hamptons fundraiser BREAKING Trump Complained About Fed’s Rate Hikes, Expected Powell To Be “Cheap-Money” Fed Chair One month after Trump first ventured into territory few presidents have dared to go before, when he told CNBC in an interview that he was “not thrilled” about the Fed raising rates;
Trump Complained About Fed’s Rate Hikes, Expected Powell To Be “Cheap-Money” Fed Chair
One month after Trump first ventured into territory few presidents have dared to go before, when he told CNBC in an interview that he was “not thrilled” about the Fed raising rates, and noted that the strong dollar is disadvantageous, moments ago Bloomberg reported that during a Hamptons fundraiser with wealthy Republican donors, Trump said he expected Jerome Powell to be a cheap-money Fed chairman and lamented that his nominee instead raised interest rates, according to three people present. Read More @ https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-20/trump-complained-about-feds-rate-hikes-expected-powell-be-cheap-money-fed-chair
Trump administration reportedly refuses to give Turkish bank relief in exchange for detained pastor’s release
- Turkey asked the U.S. to drop an investigation into one of its largest state-owned banks in exchange for the release of detained American pastor Andrew Brunson, The Wall Street Journal reports.
- But a senior White House official told the newspaper no such issues would be discussed until after Brunson’s release. Read More @ https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/20/us-reportedly-refuses-to-give-turkish-bank-relief-in-exchange-for-detained-pastors-release.html
WHAT IS THE USD SAYING?
USD will challenge the Re-Test Line – if there is a break it will happen after the FOMC – but price looks in favor for the USD for now.
Today’s news that might affect your technical trades
- 9.30am – RBA was hawkish in its statement and AUD stays form for now.
- 4.30pm – UK will release the public sector borrowing – A positive number indicates a budget deficit, a negative number indicates a surplus. This figure includes “financial interventions” – there is also a figure released at the same time which excludes them – volatility expected.
- 8.30pm – Canada will release the CBI Ind Order – expected to be good.
The market will remain rangebound till Thursday morning when the FED releases the Minutes and direction for the US economy and future rate hike.
High Risk Investment Warning:
Please note that Forex and other leveraged trading involves significant risk of loss, It is not suitable for all traders and you should make sure you understand the risks involved, it is recommended that you seek an independent advice, if necessary.