KURODA WILL STAY FOR ANOTHER TERM TO FULFIL THE 2% INFLATION. Kuroda Has Good Chance for BOJ Reappointment, LDP Official Says – Read More https://www.bloombergquint.com/onweb/2018/01/17/kuroda-has-good-chance-for-boj-reappointment-ldp-official-says
Asian shares advance after Wall Street rally; eyes on China
Shares were broadly higher in Asia on Thursday after a rally on Wall Street that took the Dow Jones industrial average to its first close above 26,000. Traders are awaiting the release of Chinese GDP figures later Thursday.
KEEPING SCORE: Japan’s benchmark Nikkei 225 jumped 0.7 percent to 24,050.53 as the yen weakened against the U.S. dollar. Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 added 0.1 percent to 6,024.40 and South Korea’s Kospi rose 0.4 percent to 2,524.62. Hong Kong’s Hang Seng gained 0.2 percent to 32,049.94, while the Shanghai Composite added 0.3 percent to 3,453.28. Shares in Taiwan and Southeast Asia were higher. Read More @ https://www.apnews.com/83db7d92443c4fa9b9a3b9eb0b0deba9/US-stock-rally-lifts-Dow-to-first-close-above-26,000-points
China Posts First Full-Year Growth Pickup Since 2010
Economy ‘breezing past potential speed bumps’: HSBC’s Neumann
Global trade supporting demand as Beijing tackles debt risks – Read More @ https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-18/china-posts-first-full-year-pickup-since-2010-on-global-tailwind
OIL GETS A BOOSTER; Oil market heads towards ‘smooth rebalancing’: OPEC
After long years of punishingly low oil prices, the global oil market is moving closer to reaching a healthy balance between supply and demand, OPEC said Thursday.
In its monthly oil market report, the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries said there were “growing indications that the oil market is heading smoothly toward rebalancing.” Read More @ http://www.dailystar.com.lb/Business/Regional/2018/Jan-18/434310-oil-market-heads-towards-smooth-rebalancing-opec.ashx
NEWS THAT MIGHT AFFECT YOUR TRADING PLAN
- 3.00pm – German PPI data release – expected to be good. We maintain BUY for EURUSD.
- 4.15pm – Euro current account – which is anticipated to be good. Euro we maintain BUY.
- 5.30pm – UK will release the retail sales data and we are anticipating more then forecasted – we maintain BUY for GBP.
- 9.30pm – Canada will release two important data – Foreign securities and Manufacturing Sales – we believe is going to be good. We maintain SELL FOR USDCAD.
- 11.00pm – The night will end with US releasing the UoM Consumer Sentiment and Inflation expectation – we expect no change to the data – we maintain SELL for USD.
TECHNICAL CHART – USD INDEX.
High Risk Investment Warning:
Please note that Forex and other leveraged trading involves significant risk of loss, It is not suitable for all traders and you should make sure you understand the risks involved, it is recommended that you seek an independent advice, if necessary.