Jollibee profit slides by 50.2% on Smashburger losses
Fast-food giant Jollibee Foods Corp. saw a 34.4 percent year-on-year drop in attributable net profit in the first semester to P2.66 billion, dragged down by losses from American hamburger chain Smashburger.
For the second quarter alone, net profit slid by 50.2 percent year-on-year to P1.1 billion. Aside from losses from American hamburger chain Smashburger, extraordinary manufacturing expenses related to Red Ribbon’s transition to a new plant gnawed on the company’s earnings. Six-month revenues increased by 9.8 percent year-on-year to P79.52 billion, driven by systemwide sales which rose by 13.8 percent to P59.43 billion. However, revenue growth was outpaced by the 12.8 percent increase in direct costs to P70.86 billion alongside general and administrative expenses as well as advertising expenses which increased by 12.7 percent year-on-year to P10.26 billion. Six-month net interest expenses also doubled to P651.34 million. – Inquirer.
- If you buy today – you just had 50% discount from the high; “VALUE FOR MONEY”
- JFC is a great company and we are sure the company will turnaround the business for good
- Acquiring Coffee & Tea Leaf will also make JFC to turnaround.
- Technical Indicators are staring at BUY and remember this stock is “VALUE INVESTING”
WHERE IS THE PSEi?
- Price consolidation
- We are expecting the price to go above 8000 this week
- Just be cautious with the President comment this week @ “In the coming days, there will be a very, very radical change in the behavior of the government. You know, I am not challenging you. You might win, or you may lose. But there is something to be seen,” he said. @ President full statement
STARTING WITH A PRACTICE ACCOUNT ON YOUR OWN.
Start trading with a Practice account and see if you like trading – open a Practice FOREX account @ FOREX PRACTICE ACCOUNT – Register yourself and trade the Forex Market and see if you like forex trading before jumping into our class for FREE. Our Free Classes
Option Trading is based on expiry and time – Open a Option Trading Practice Trading Account @ OPTION PRACTICE ACCOUNT Before your jump into option trading – watch all the videos and practice and if you like Option then come to our class and enjoy the FREE CLASS. Our FREE Classes
STOCK & SHARES
Maybe you like a safer platform and instrument – so open a Practice account for Stocks & Shares @ Stock Market Practice Account – Before your jump into STOCKS & SHARES trading; then join our free classes Our FREE Classes
For more information Call Sharon @ 09199104104
High Risk Investment Warning:
Please note that trading involves significant risk of loss, It is not suitable for all traders and you should make sure you understand the risks involved, it is recommended that you seek an independent advice, if necessary.