What is the law of love in the Bible?
And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”
We are created to Love God first; if you were to just that – trust me – everything will get into place immediately and you will find true meaning of living your life to the fullest.
In a book titled Colors of Love (1973), J. A. Lee defined six varieties of relationship that might be labeled love.
6 TYPES OF LOVE
Hendrick and Hendrick (1986) found that Lee’s typology was supported by questionnaire research in two studies with 1,807 and 567 respondents, respectively. “Six love style scales emerged clearly from factor analysis” in both studies.
What six different types of love did J. A. Lee define?
Hendrick and Hendrick (1986) produced a Love Attitude Scale to detect the six varieties of love through questionnaire responses. It was used in most of the later research on Lee’s love types. Here are some sample questionnaire items:
- Eros: “My partner and I have the right physical chemistry between us.” “I feel that my partner and I were meant for each other.” “My partner fits my idea standard of physical beauty/handsomeness.”
- Ludus: “I have sometimes to keep my partner from finding out about other lovers.” “I can get over love affairs pretty easily and quickly.” “I enjoy playing the game of love with my partner and a number of other partners.”
- Storge: “Our love is the best kind because it grew out of a long friendship.” “Our love is really a deep friendship, not a mysterious, mystical emotion.”
- Pragma: “A main consideration in choosing my partner was how he or she would reflect on my family.” “An important factor in choosing my partner was whether he or she would be a good parent.” “One consideration in choosing my partner was how he or she would reflect on my career.”
- Mania: “When my partner does not pay attention to me, I feel sick all over.” “Since I ahve been in love with my partner, I have had trouble concentrating on anything else.” “I cannot relax if I suspect that my partner is with someone else.”
- Agape: “I would rather suffer myself than let my partner suffer.” “I cannot be happy unless I place my partner’s happiness before my own.” “I would endure all things for the sake of my partner.”
It was indeed very interesting as I read the above – who are you?
WHAT IS AGAPE LOVE?
Agape (Ancient Greek ἀγάπη, agapē) is a Greco-Christian term referring to love, “the highest form of love, charity” and “the love of God for man and of man for God”. Within Christianity, agape is considered to be the love originating from God or Christ for humankind.
HOW AND WHEN I STARTED LOVING GOD SO MUCH…
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
You see in life if you don’t renew your mind with good things and new knowledge; you exist but you don’t. Take challenge to renew your mind with new things and new knowledge with God’s purpose for you here on earth. Your life will be such a fulfilment that you will begin to see new things. You will start having good conversation; your network will start to grow, your believe system will change and your days will be beautiful for your process of thinking has taken the steps of awareness before change.
There was once I was teaching a class in Malaysia and I have lots of good students who are my followers and good disciples; one day a young lady came up to me and ask, Sir, I realise that through all these years that I had listen to you, your ideas are the same and there are no new knowledge; are you doing on purpose or that’s all you have?
Those words strucked me immediately; that day I told myself I have to renew my knowledge and gain more experiences. I right away registered myself for an MBA class for 2 years and graduated with huge amount of knowledge. I went back to the girl and gave her a free ticket to attend my seminar, guess what she came to me this time with a smile!!
You see in life, if there is no renewing of your mind with good things, guess what? You are no different from the caveman!! Start renewing of your mind, TODAY!!
The Power of loving God every single day will enable the spirit within you to rise up and bring new dreams, vision and how to act each single day!!! START LOVING HIM then all other things will come to you naturally!!
Article by: D’Parlei Marketing & Services.