Dollar rises vs. yen on revived risk appetite; euro up
The dollar rose on Tuesday to a four-day high against the Japanese yen after Chinese President Xi Jinping promised to cut import tariffs, easing concerns about a U.S.-China trade conflict between that had fed safe-haven demand for yen. Read More @ https://www.reuters.com/article/us-global-forex/dollar-rises-vs-yen-on-revived-risk-appetite-euro-up-idUSKBN1HH01T
Great News “Sun Tzu also rendered as Sun Zi was a Chinese general, military strategist, writer, and philosopher who lived in the Eastern Zhou period of ancient China. Sun Tzu is traditionally credited as the author of The Art of War, a widely influential work of military strategy that has affected both Western and East Asian philosophy and military thinking.
China’s Xi announces plans to ‘open’ China, including lowering tariffs on imported autos – GREAT STRATEGY by Chinese after the PETRO-YUAN and relax and co-operate.
- Chinese President Xi Jinping speaks at the Boao Forum for Asia on Tuesday.
- He discussed plans to further open up the Chinese economy, including “significantly” lowering import tariffs for autos, decreasing duties on other products, enforcing the legal intellectual property of foreign firms and improving the investment environment for international companies. Read More @ https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/09/chinese-president-xi-jinping-speaks-at-boao-forum-for-asia.html?__source=twitter%7Cmain
WHAT IS THE USD INDEX SAYING?
THE USD is staying a safe zone for now after China relaxes the Trade War – Very thankful for President Xi of China’s kind words on tarrifs and automobile barriers…also, his enlightenment on intellectual property and technology transfers. We will make great progress together! – Donald Trump today.
USD will still go under pressure this week – today the US CPI will dominate the market and create huge volatility.
TODAYS NEWS THAT MIGHT AFFECT YOUR TECHNICAL TRADES.
- 7.50am – Japan data on Machinery improved more then expected – We continue buying JPY.
- 9.30am – Be ready for CAD, AUD and NZD volatility as China releases CPI data – USDCNH we continue selling for a double bottom.
- 1.00pm – RBA speaks and it will be on monetary policies – we stay dovish for AUD.
- 4.00pm – Italian Retails sales – expect little or no volatility.
- 4.30pm – UK will release the Trade Balance – we expect good data – we continue buying GBP.
- 7.00pm – ECB Mario Draghi speaks – we are expecting some changes to rate – ECB could lift deposit rate to -0.2 pct from -0.4 pct to start process of rate hikes – Nowotny. We maintain BUY for EUR.
- 8.30pm – US will release the CPI data and is going to be an interesting volatility – We maintain SELL for USD. We expect no change to CPI data.
- 10.30pm – Crude Oil Inventories – expected to be low as the USD is weak – We buy OIL.
At 2am Thursday morning there will be FOMC minutes release and is expected to be neutral – there could be some signal on rate hike in June. Market volatility is expected.
High Risk Investment Warning:
Please note that Forex and other leveraged trading involves significant risk of loss, It is not suitable for all traders and you should make sure you understand the risks involved, it is recommended that you seek an independent advice, if necessary