Once you have started thinking of bringing your dream business into reality you  are not only going to do the fun part of starting your own business but also the boring part which are the papers. Once your startup with the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) or the Securities and Exchnage Commission (SEC), you’ll also need to secure the permits below from your local government or the city/region where your business is located. Here are the list of papers or clearances that you need to start your dream business:

1. Mayor’s permit (also known as business permit)
Where to get it: Municipal or city hall in the place where you will set-up your business
Requirements: Barangay clearance, registration certificate from DTI or SEC, valid IDs, and location map/sketch of your place of business. You will also need to secure a community tax certificate

2. Barangay clearance
Where to get it: Barangay hall
Requirements: Registration certificate from the DTI or SEC and valid/government-issued identification cards. You should also have fire safety and electrical inspection certificates and present Lease of Contract of Site.
Fee: P1,500 (may vary for each municipality or city)

3. Tax Registration Number (or TIN) 
Where to get it: Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR)
Requirements: Accomplished BIR forms 1901 or 1903, valid IDs, location sketch of your place of business, a copy of your mayor’s permit or municipal license, and registration certificate from the DTI or SEC
Fee: P500 plus 1% of subscribed capital for the documentary stamp.

4. Special Permits
Depending on the nature of your business, you may also need to obtain special permits. If your home-based business, for example, will be dealing with food, chemicals, of any health-related product or service, a permit from the Department of Health’s Food and Drug Administration (FDA) would be needed.

5. Social Security
If you are hiring employees, you are required to register them for Social Security protection. Of course, you should get one for yourself as well.
Where to get it: Social Security System (SSS) office
Requirements: Accomplished SSS Form R-1 for employer registration, accomplished SSS Form R-1A that lists the names of your employees, and Articles of Partnership or Incorporation for partnerships or corporations.


You should also provide your employees with memberships in PhilHealth (Philippine Health Insurance Corporation) and PAG-IBIG (home development mutual fund), as mandated by the labor law.

1 Comment
  1. storno brzinol 1 month ago

    It’s a shame you don’t have a donate button! I’d most certainly donate to this fantastic blog! I guess for now i’ll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to brand new updates and will talk about this site with my Facebook group. Chat soon!

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.


FINWAZE makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, in relation to this website (www.finwaze.com) or the information and materials provided on this website. It does not also warrants that this website will be constantly available or available at all times. The information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading. Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. FINWAZE shall not be liable for any damage or injury, whether direct or indirect, that it may cause in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with this website. By using this website, you agree to the reasonableness of the limitations of liabilities herein set out and further agree to assume whatever risk, loss, damage or injury in may cause in connection to the use of this website. No claims shall be brought personally against the officers and employees of FINWAZE, in connection with the use of this website. The user of this website agree to the limitations of warranties and liabilities herein set out to protect the officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as FINWAZE. Any unenforceable provisions that may be found on this website under applicable law shall not affect the enforceability of the other provisions.

Legal Documents  |  ©2021 Finwaze Philippines

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This

Log in with your credentials

Forgot your details?