Trump: We are going to put a 25% tariff on every car from the European Union
- President Donald Trump said Tuesday night that the U.S. would slap a 25 percent tariff on cars coming from the European Union.
- The president’s statement came hours after The Wall Street Journal reported that Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross said he had postponed an August timeline to publish a report on auto tariffs.
- “We’re going to put a 25 percent tax on every car that comes into the United States from the European Union,” Trump said at a campaign rally in West Virginia. Read More @ https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/21/trump-us-to-put-a-25percent-tariff-on-every-car-from-european-union.html?__source=twitter%7Cinternational
Dollar heads lower a day after Trump rips Fed and calls China and EU currency manipulators
- The U.S. dollar was lower in Tuesday morning trade, a day after President Donald Trump criticized the Federal Reserve and its monetary policy moves.
- Trump repeated that he is “not thrilled” that the central bank continues to raise rates.
- The comments trying to influence dollar policy were unwelcome by some, with investor Dennis Gartman saying the market should “object.” Read More @ https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/21/dollar-lower-after-trump-rips-fed-calls-china-and-eu-manipulators.html
WHAT IS THE USD SAYING?
Today the USD will decide to break or not to break the $95 when the FOMC release their minute tomorrow early morning at 230am – Hong Kong Time. $94 is the support and $97 is the resistance.
TODAYS NEWS THAT MIGHT AFFECT YOUR TECHNICAL TRADES.
- 6.45am – NZ retail sales have out formed the analyst – NZD bullish early morning.
- 9.30am – Australia Construction work done – out performed the analyst but price remains calm.
- 11.10am – RBA Gov Debacle speaks – expect volatility for AUD.
- 8.30pm – Canada will release their Core Retail sales and is expected to be weak but we think otherwise – we believe is going to be good and we Buy CAD.
- 10.00pm – Existing Homes sales – expected to be bullish.
- 10.30pm – Crude oil Inventories – Iran issue is still a catalyst for oil to move upwards. We remain neutral for oil.
- THURSDAY 2.00am – FOMC will release their minutes and expect good volatility – we believe it will favor the USD.
Be cautious and always keep money management as your trading priority.
High Risk Investment Warning:
Please note that Forex and other leveraged trading involves significant risk of loss, It is not suitable for all traders and you should make sure you understand the risks involved, it is recommended that you seek an independent advice, if necessary.