DEFINITION OF SUICIDE
Suicide is the act of intentionally causing one’s own death. Some suicides are impulsive acts due to stress, such as from financial difficulties, troubles with relationships, or bullying. Those who have previously attempted suicide are at a higher risk for future attempts.
“No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.
God wants you to make Him your only Lord and Master. Money is to be your servant. If you make money and materials goods your God, you will soon discover quickly that money is a cruel master. It can even cause you to kill yourself. This is my real story; many times I pursue for money unintentionally, I work day and night to achieve my goals and dreams but never putting my family into the picture that I had. Yes, I have material success but I lost my family all together, I am with them every night but my soul was floating to the things that give me glory and honour. When I read these words; I finally realise that I am pursuing things that will decay and go someday. I had many times wanted to give up my life; not because I am not doing well but because I was pursuing things that were not right. A man who wants to kill himself over financial difficulties is a man whose sense of well-being is dedicated by the amount of money he has. I finally realise that I should never measure my happiness with money but the reality if serving the right master; that’s God.
Why let your sense of well-being be tied to things that moth and rust can corrupt? Therefore be vigilant and do not fall into the trap like myself; make all your wealth and material happiness as your servant and not your master and you will surely have a better life and you will live with honor.
WHAT JESUS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT MONEY? – Bible Blog
Money is power. And that power governs some of our most basic, daily interactions—from buying food to paying for a college education. It can be used for good—to help others and make things of beauty. But it can also be used to do great harm.
Jesus talked about how money affects people and how to use money for the good of others. Here are 5 things Jesus said about money while he was on earth:
- “When people ask you for something, give it to them. When they want to borrow money, lend it to them.”” -Matthew 5:42
- “As Jesus sat near the Temple treasury, he watched the people as they dropped in their money. Many rich men dropped in a lot of money; then a poor widow came along and dropped in two little copper coins, worth about a penny. He called his disciples together and said to them, ‘I tell you that this poor widow put more in the offering box than all the others. For the others put in what they had to spare of their riches; but she, poor as she is, put in all she had—she gave all she had to live on.'” – Mark 12:41-44
- “Some soldiers also asked him, ‘What about us? What are we to do?’ He said to them, ‘Don’t take money from anyone by force or accuse anyone falsely. Be content with your pay.'” – Luke 3:14
- “Do not store up riches for yourselves here on earth, where moths and rust destroy, and robbers break in and steal. Instead, store up riches for yourselves in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and robbers cannot break in and steal. For your heart will always be where your riches are.” –Matthew 6:19-21
- “No servant can be the slave of two masters; such a slave will hate one and love the other or will be loyal to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.” – Luke 16:13
Money is nothing more then the resources that God have given you; by your hardwork, network, employment or businesses that you have done. Thank God for it but don’t destroy yourself by trying to get more and more and more or just a little bit more attitude!!
Our prayer have always been; don’t make me poor Lord that I need to suffer, don’t make me rich that I will be arrogant but give me enough Lord that I will praise you everyday and be happy.
Remember nothing wrong with money but don’t be a slave to it
Article by: FINWAZE.