Treasury Secretary Mnuchin moves to quell firestorm, says Trump never suggested firing Fed Chairman Powell despite ‘absolute terrible’ policy
- President Donald Trump is opposed to the Federal Reserve’s rate hike campaign, but has never suggested firing Fed Chairman Jerome Powell, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said on Saturday.
- “I never suggested firing Chairman Jay Powell, nor do I believe I have the right to do so,” Mnuchin said via Twitter. Read More as the media torment with words – @ https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/22/mnuchin-trump-never-said-he-would-fire-fed-chairman-powell.html
NY Fed President John Williams: The central bank is listening to the market, but believes the US economy is strong – contrary to what the market thinks – FED is all out for normalisation….the global market can’t grow on debt and make the rich richer…
- New York Fed President John Williams says the central bank is listening “very carefully” to the market’s concerns.
- Williams adds the Fed believes the U.S. economy is in good shape. Read More @ https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/21/ny-fed-president-williams-says-central-bank-is-listening-to-market-but-believes-economy-is-strong.html
U.S. Grants Iraq Sanctions Relief in Bid to Boost Business Deals – more downside for oil awaits…
The Trump administration has given Iraq permission to buy Iranian natural gas without penalty for at least three more months, after pledges from Baghdad to buy American oil and energy technology, U.S. and Iraqi officials said. WALL STREET.
WHAT IS THE USD SAYING?
Nasdaq confirms bear market; economic worries sink Wall Street
Wall Street stocks fell sharply in volatile trading on Friday, with the Nasdaq confirming it is in a bear market, as concerns of slowing economic growth led investors to flee stocks in high-valuation sectors such as technology and communication services. Read More @ https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-stocks/nasdaq-confirms-bear-market-economic-worries-sink-wall-street-idUSKCN1OK1K7?feedType=RSS&feedName=businessNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+reuters%2FbusinessNews+%28Business+News%29
MONDAY – THURSDAY – NEWS THAT MIGHT AFFECT YOUR TECHNICAL TRADES
The market will be closed from Monday – till Wednesday and open on Thursday….don’t waste your time seating down infant your computer this week….go and enjoy yourself and wait till Thursday or 2019…we will continue with our report from Friday,,,
- 12.00pm – BOJ will open the market with his speech – expect volatility for JPY pairs
- 5.00pm – ECB will release economic Bulletin – It reveals the statistical data that the ECB Governing Board evaluated when making the latest interest rate decision, and provides detailed analysis of current and future economic conditions from the bank’s viewpoint.
- 9.30pm – US will release their unemployment – expected to be good.
- 11.00pm – US will release their CB Consumer confidence – Financial confidence is a leading indicator of consumer spending, which accounts for a majority of overall economic activity.
- 11.00pm – US will release their New Home Sales – expected to be good and we maintain buying USD.
2019 – is going to be a YEAR for USD & EUR – be ready for this two currencies…USD – BUY and EURO – SELL for the first quarter. Always do remember never overtrade and never violate the rule of money management.
High Risk Investment Warning:
Please note that Forex and other leveraged trading involves significant risk of loss, It is not suitable for all traders and you should make sure you understand the risks involved, it is recommended that you seek an independent advice, if necessary.