WAITING FOR THE FED – GOLD

Although the probability of a rate hike at the conclusion of this month’s FOMC meeting next week is extremely high, traders, analysts, and investors continue to have a wait-and-see attitude. The countdown clock on the CME’s FedWatch tool currently reads: 4 days, 19 hours, 9 minutes and counting, as of 3:51 PM Eastern standard time today. Currently, the probability that the Fed will announce a rate hike stands at 94.4%, according to this tool. The current estimate of 94.4% predicts a 25-basis point hike (1/4 %) which would take Fed funds rate from 125 – 150 to 150 – 175. Moreover, there’s only a 5.6% probability that the current Fed funds rate will stay intact. This number is down considerably from the probability given from the FedWatch tool one month ago on February 16. At that time, it was indicated that there was an 18.3% chance that the Federal Reserve would stay the course in keeping interest rates where they are. Last month this tool predicted an 81.7% probability that a rate hike would result from this month’s meeting. The belief that an interest rate hike is inevitable, coupled with a consistent and strong risk-on environment favoring equities, a strengthening U.S. dollar, as well as a geopolitical environment that is relatively muted and calm, continue to pressure the safe haven asset group. READ MORE @ http://www.kitco.com/commentaries/2018-03-16/Waiting-on-The-Fed.html

U.S. Shale Drillers To Become Profitable For The First Time – OF COS WITH THE CHEAP USD.

U.S. oil companies have stepped up their hedging for 2018 production, locking in sales at higher prices. In the fourth quarter, U.S. producers increased the share of their 2018 output secured under hedges to 48 percent, up from just 30 percent in the third quarter, according to a Goldman Sachs note. “Hedging has moved from normal levels to above-normal levels, aided by an increase in oil futures (2018 WTI now $60),” the investment bank wrote. “This should allow many producers to grow, while spending within cash ?ow during 2018.” Goldman says that drillers will incrementally add more hedges for this year, and they are just beginning to do so for 2019 production. About 9 percent of 2019 production is hedged at an average price of $58 per barrel. Read More @ https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/US-Shale-Drillers-To-Become-Profitable-For-The-First-Time.html

WHAT ARE THE TECHNICAL CHARTS SAYING?

High Risk Investment Warning:

Please note that Forex and other leveraged trading involves significant risk of loss, It is not suitable for all traders and you should make sure you understand the risks involved, it is recommended that you seek an independent advice, if necessary

1 Comment
  1. stornobrzinol 1 month ago

    This blog is definitely rather handy since I’m at the moment creating an internet floral website – although I am only starting out therefore it’s really fairly small, nothing like this site. Can link to a few of the posts here as they are quite. Thanks much. Zoey Olsen

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

FINWAZE makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, in relation to this website (www.finwaze.com) or the information and materials provided on this website. It does not also warrants that this website will be constantly available or available at all times. The information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading. Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. FINWAZE shall not be liable for any damage or injury, whether direct or indirect, that it may cause in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with this website. By using this website, you agree to the reasonableness of the limitations of liabilities herein set out and further agree to assume whatever risk, loss, damage or injury in may cause in connection to the use of this website. No claims shall be brought personally against the officers and employees of FINWAZE, in connection with the use of this website. The user of this website agree to the limitations of warranties and liabilities herein set out to protect the officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as FINWAZE. Any unenforceable provisions that may be found on this website under applicable law shall not affect the enforceability of the other provisions.

Legal Documents  |  ©2021 Finwaze Philippines

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This

Log in with your credentials

Forgot your details?